The Scourge of the Scorn Lords
The Scourge of the Scorn Lords from Knight Owl Publishing is unapologetically dangerous! We like to think of it as a mashup of Mad Max, Fist of the North Star, and the Beastmaster, with a healthy dose of The Land That Time Forgot for good measure. And if you played Dark Sun back in the day, or wish that you had, you will find a little of that sprinkled in as well.
Introducing the third and final installment of the Meatlandia Trilogy and the immediate follow-up to our Ennie-nominated book Worm Witch: the Life and Death of Belinda Blood!!
How Old School Is It?
No lie: we play just about everything, from Chainmail to 5e, but our favorite flavor is the B/X style OSR. So you’re going to find that just about everything we have in here fits that mold. That means all three of our books are completely compatible with Old-School Essentials–the gold standard in Old School RPG Awesomeness!
Included within over 100 pages of mind-bending, wasteland-surviving, post-apocalyptic old school awesomeness:
- The Scorn Lands: A mad wasteland full of harsh monsters, bands of cannibalistic marauders, and the savage Scorn Lords.
- The Scorn Lords: An ancient race of sorcerer-demigods that rule the Scorn Lands with iron fists!
- Psionics: A full OSE-compatible ruleset for running psionics, with 23 Psionic Powers, rules for generating wild talents, and a new psionic character class!
- New Classes: The mind-bending Mentalist, the beast-besting Monster Honcho, the ghostly Fade, and the insectoid Myrmeke bring a taste of your favorite versions of the apocalypse to the Scorn Lands.
- Vehicles and Animals: Rules for creating desert-driving contraptions, outfitting them for war, and pulling them with horses, camels, elephants, giant insects, and dinosaurs!
- A Ton Of Monsters: Seriously–we went crazy with the bestiary!!! We have everything from Barren Elves to Sonic Geckos and from Chitin Golems to Vultards.
- Tables Galore: Encounter Tables, Rumor Tables, Village Tables, Background Tables, and more–everything you need to run a massive sandbox in our mighty wasteland. You can run this game with almost no prep time whatsoever.